Monday, November 19, 2007

One On One With A Candidate

I was given the opportunity to sit down with Fred Thompson over the weekend. His camp granted me 10 minutes on Saturday. I waited with his 2-man advance team in an empty room at Galaxy Aviation in West Palm Beach. It was empty, save for the two chairs and two plants brought in to create an instant backdrop. We waited for about an hour. I said to one of the advance guys that having to listen to guys like me chat away to kill time must be a real challenge. He got a good laugh from that. When the Senator arrived, he was very cordial and even complemented me on my tie. It was certainly a great experience sitting down one on one with someone who could become president. I must say I thought at times he was going to be a bit more animated. But I suppose when you're one of so many interviews in the day, maybe he just wanted to stay on message. Will be interesting to see if we get similar opportunities with the other candidates as the primary approaches.

Posted at 11:28 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home