Wednesday, January 24, 2007
The State Of The Union and the State Of Insurance
Watched the president last night. I was a bit surprised he complemented Speaker Pelosi at the beginning. A nice courtesy and a wise move for a man whose poll numbers show he needs all the friends he can get. I thought his speech lacked energy at the start. He didn't seem to get passionate until he began talking about Iraq. Do you think he managed to convince Congress that his plan is the right plan for the future?
Our crew in Tallahassee last week (Corey Saban, Joel Waldmann and Desiree Malky) did a great job in bringing us all the back and forth as lawmakers tried to create meaningful insurance reform. But even after all the handshakes, did they do it?
"freddy2fast4u" wrote, "I think the insurance reduction is a joke that no one is talking about. The cost of homeowners insurance rose 200% to 300% and they are proposing a reduction of 5% to 20%. This is just a show. I'm glad that they are doing something about it but this is just a show to get the subject dropped."
I suppose we'll have to wait and see until we get our premium bills to see the *real* savings. Still, it's a great start for Governor Crist who campaigned that he would tackle this problem. Drop us a line with your thoughts.
Our crew in Tallahassee last week (Corey Saban, Joel Waldmann and Desiree Malky) did a great job in bringing us all the back and forth as lawmakers tried to create meaningful insurance reform. But even after all the handshakes, did they do it?
"freddy2fast4u" wrote, "I think the insurance reduction is a joke that no one is talking about. The cost of homeowners insurance rose 200% to 300% and they are proposing a reduction of 5% to 20%. This is just a show. I'm glad that they are doing something about it but this is just a show to get the subject dropped."
I suppose we'll have to wait and see until we get our premium bills to see the *real* savings. Still, it's a great start for Governor Crist who campaigned that he would tackle this problem. Drop us a line with your thoughts.
Posted at 9:22 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home