Thursday, December 07, 2006
Voting Lawsuit
A Delray Beach man is suing the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections because he had to vote in a church. The professional photographer says he was extremely upset to pass an anti-abortion sign and vote beneath a crucifix. The suit is not against the church and does not ask for money. Elections Supervisor Dr. Arthur Anderson couldn't comment on the suit directly but said it's tough to find polling places and he'd be uncomfortable asking the church to cover up their religious beliefs. What's your feeling? A woman in Ft. Pierce e-mailed us and wrote, "I'm sure that this "gentleman" knew where his polling place was. He had every opportunity, for two weeks, to vote at the supervisor of elections office or vote absentee. On the other hand I also think that the church went overboard with that anti abortion banner." Join in with your thoughts.
Posted at 3:32 PM
1 Comments:
Hi Jon- I'm sure that this "gentleman" knew where his polling place was. He had every opportunity, for two weeks, to vote at the supervisor of elections office or vote absentee. On the other hand I also think that the church went overboard with that anti abortion banner.
Thanks for your time
Janet Dyer, Ft. Pierce
Post a Comment
<< Home