Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day Is Here!

In just a few minutes, I'm off to the set to begin our Commitment 2006 coverage. In a business where we're privy to the ugliness in society, it's good to focus on something else for a change. Not that politics isn't ugly... and here it's certainly been ugly.... but there's an energy pulsating through the newsroom. We're choosing new men and women to lead our towns, counties, states, and country. Call me old fashioned... but casting a ballot still makes me feel good. Here's to a (mostly) problem-free night.

Posted at 12:59 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you cast your ballot. the biggest complainers are those that don't vote!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Think the Media at large has done the absolute worst coverage of the election process and a complete disservice to the American People by their bias presentation on all the political offices open for vote by it's failure to provide complete and equal coverage on all the candidate running for office. The media should disregard political biasm and provide equal access to all candidates; then and only then will the American people be able to truely make informed decisions and real change in our Republic form of Government and improve the Peoples quality of life and Freedoms. Further stop misleading the people by triing to claim we are a democracy. We are a Republic form og Government and that is why the Pledge of Allegence Starts out with "I Pledge my Allegence to the flag of the United States of America for the Replublic which it stands..." For the Record I don't vote based on any political party affiliation. I vote based on protecting my liberties and freedoms and ultimately supporting issues that will either defend, protect and improve the quality of lfe for all U.S. Citizens.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home