Thursday, October 26, 2006

Less Than Two Weeks Away

My apologies for being a little behind when it comes to this blogging business. I've been up to my eyeballs in candidate profiles for our Commitment 2006 coverage.

A few observations... In the past few weeks, I've interviewed nearly two dozen candidates running for local, county, statewide and federal office. I have to profess some admiration for all of these men and women. From the heavy favorites, to the decided underdogs... there's something about each and everyone of them that makes you believe they would honestly act in your best interest. Yes, I know I'm a journalist and these candidates want to look good on television. Still, I wonder what's inside someone to want to get into the political arena in the first place. Is it the power? Or a genuine desire to help your neighbors?

As to the Mark Foley scandal... why in the world would his attorneys want everyone to know that he's staying at a facility in Arizona? Will Mark try to return to Florida? Can he return to Florida?

Scratching my head over recent gubernatorial poll showing Davis in a dead heat with Crist.. making up a double digit deficit. Many races tighten before the election... but that's some great news for the Davis camp. Now if only Katherine Harris' camp could get some similar news. I thought in Davie, both Crist and Davis were on their game.

Looking forward to a very interesting election day.

Posted at 4:49 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so tired of hearing all those political ads.When will they cease? I would rather watch paint dry on the walls,than listen to them.Im sure people by now,know whom they will vote for in the coming election.

There is a more important issue at hand,as there are several state constitutional amebdments,on the coming election.To date,I have only heard about the 3rd Amendment.What about the others?

Will you have any mention about these amendments before election day? One important amendment is the increase of Homestead Exemption for lower income families ONLY.This is discriminatory,as it should be for ALL who own property in West Palm Beach.

The others are important also, but this amendment really caught my eye.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home